Albemarle County School Board
The board has seven elected members, six of which represent magisterial districts. A seventh seat is elected at-large.
- Kate Acuff (Jack Jouett), Chair
- Steve Koleszar (Scottsville), Vice Chair
- Jonno Alcaro (At-Large)
- Jason Buyaki (Rivanna)
- Katrina Callsen (Rio)
- David Oberg (White Hall)
- Graham Paige (Samuel Miller)
The members select a Chair annually from among their members at the reorganization meeting each January.
While members are now elected, mid-term vacancies on the board not filled by special election are appointed by remaining members of the Board.
2010 at-large appointment
Brian Wheeler resigned from the school board on August 5, 2010, citing time constraints, family responsibilities and increased occupational duties. The timing allowed the board to appoint a replacement rather than hold an election. On September 9, 2010, the board selected four candidates to interview:
Harley L. Miles was appointed on September 14, 2010 to complete Wheeler's term.
2011 Rivanna appointment
Ron Price resigned as a member of the Albemarle County School Board representing the Rivanna Magisterial District effective January 6, 2011. He moved with his family to Utah to serve as assistant vice president for human resources at Utah Valley University.
As of February 2, 2011, five individuals had applied for the position to be filled by appointment of the school board:
- Kirk Bowers
- Jason Buyaki
- John Dawson
- Stephanie DeNicola
- Franklin Micciche
By February 9, 2011, DeNicola and Bowers had withdrawn, leaving only three candidates.
- "The Board held a public forum at Sutherland Middle School on February 9, 2011 to pose questions to the candidates from the Board and community. The Board discussed candidates in closed meeting after the forum, then re-convened in an open meeting to make an appointment. The Board had to appoint an individual to serve in the Rivanna Magisterial seat by February 19, 2011." 
- On February 9, 2011, the school board appointed Jason Buyaki to complete Price's term.
- Web. Albemarle School Board picks new member, Brandon Shulleeta, Daily Progress, World Media Enterprises, 10 February 2011, retrieved 10 February 2011.
- Web. Albemarle School Board Picks 4 Finalists for Wheeler's Seat, staff report, Daily Progress, World Media Enterprises, 10 Sept. 2010., retrieved 10 Sept. 2010.
- Web. School Board Appoints Mr. Harley Miles as Interim At-Large Board Member, 14 September 2010, retrieved 2 February 2011.
- Web. Albemarle School Board chairman resigns, Brandon Shulleeta, Daily Progress, World Media Enterprises, retrieved December 1, 2010.
- Web. Ron Price resigns from Albemarle County School Board, heads to Utah, Brendan Fitzgerald, C-VILLE Weekly, Portico Publications, retrieved December 29, 2010.
- Web. Board Receives Five Applicants for Vacant Rivanna District Seat; Board to Finalize Details for Candidate Forum at 2/3 Meeting, Albemarle County Public Schools, 2 February 2011, retrieved 2 February 2011.